Recycle your unwanted crayons and share the responsibility of a clean and green earth.
In this easy and fun to do project we will create fun shaped crayons by just melting and remolding unwanted crayon stubs that would accumulate and just be thrown out and sit in landfill forever. It’s perfect for any occasion and a wonderful group project.
What you will need is
• The crayon stubs
• Muffin or cookie pan ( you can also select fun shapes like hearts. gingerbread, flowers etc.)
• Muffin Liners
All you need to do is
1. Peel of the paper from crayons.
2. Chop crayons into 1/4 inch pieces
3. Place muffin liners in muffin pan.
4. Fill the liners in the pan with colorful crayon pieces spacing out different colors.
5. Preheat the oven at 250 degrees.
6. Bake crayons for 12-15 minutes. (Leaving crayons in oven for too long may result in one solid color)
7. Let it cool for an hour.
8. Once they are cool remove them from pan and separate the liners.
Enjoy all new colorful crayons!
A very special thanks to Marlys and LeAnn for sharing thoughtful Valentine's day "crayon out loud" project!