Makes 1 bundt cake , 24 muffins, 8 mini loaves or 3 large loaves.
Fruity, nutty, and whole grain heart healthy, this delicious cake has a goodness in every bite. Its a great way to turn any moment into celebration!!
Happy baking :) :)
4 OZ Blueberries
3 OZ Cranberries 1 OZ Blackberries 2 Oranges for 1 cup fresh orange juice 1 Mango for half cup fresh mango juice
4 Tsp. Orange zest (crushed fresh orange peel)
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour 1 cup wheat flour 1 cup white all purpose flour 1/2 cup milled flax seed 4 Tsp. baking powder
1 Tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. yogurt
4 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 cup milk (optional) 8 Tsp. egg replacer
1 Tsp. vanilla extract 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup sliced dry fruits and nuts (I used mix of walnuts, almonds and raisins)
1. Preheat oven to 400`F. Lightly coat pan with oil and flour.
2. Using processor take out fresh juice from 2 oranges and a mango. (Don’t throw orange peels and leftover pulp from juice)
3. Wash and grate orange peels into fine zest.
4. In a bowl whisk together yogurt, olive oil, fresh juice, egg replacer, sugar, vanilla extract, orange zest and left over pulp from juice.
5. In a separate large bowl whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour, milled flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix them together with nuts. (Add an extra 1/2 cup milk if the batter is not wet enough to pour)
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until pale brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 15-20 minutes.
Loosen edges, and turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
You can use dried or frozen berries too. Soak them in water to regain moisture. (Approximately 20-25 minutes)
If you are not using fresh juice and pulp add 4 Tsp. more of orange zest. (8 Tsp.)
You can replace sugar with agave nectar, which is low in glycemic index. It can also be used on the slices while serving for extra flavor and sweetness:)
Add an extra bowl of water to oven to keep the cake moist.
For green living try this..Boil the left over orange peels in water and set aside for an hour. The house smells great....naturally :))
Thanks for visiting. Have a colorful celebration!!