Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wake up call!

Last August, One fine beautiful day as I was taking a routine walk in the woods in my backyard..I
received a call from my doctor. There was a sense of urgency in the nurses voice and a visit was scheduled at my earliest availability which was the first thing in the morning.
I was diagnosed with a rare kind of tumor and my doctor wanted to perform the immediate surgery.

As, I left doctors office and sat in my car in the parking lot, I tried to absorb the information and had a quiet moment of introspection

We keep thinking we have so much time and we make plans thinking that the life is forever.

I shared the information with my family and started preparing my mind, body and soul for the surgery. I was so happy and content to see how my daughters responded to the situation and supported me in the process.

I reminded myself again and again in the meditation everyday that I am just a witness to this pain, suffering and all the events of life.

The reality is ...It is what it is! We hold absolutely zero control. The moment we are not trying to control any outcome and accept the situation as it is...we can feel this immense freedom and such a liberation and thats how I felt every time I told myself..It is the way it is!

A couple of surgeries were performed and I was bed ridden.. I can not decide, what those days were hard on.. my physical body or my mental body because of the calendar full of activities that I was about to miss.

The Biopsy finally came out clear. The recovery is another couple of months from now. I am able live a normal life. But, when I reflect back, I feel something has changed in me, that created this sense of urgency in things I want to accomplish in this journey of life.

I always believe that we all are just the souls in the transition, we have lived before and we will live after. In this transition of realms it does not matter how much money we earned, how nice clothes we bought and how many cars we owned, how we devoted a life in pursuit of luxury and comforts.

We only carry how much we learnt, how much we loved, how much joy we shared, how kindly and fairly we lived, how we cared, how we overcame our fears and obstacles, and how many times we said to others - I need nothing..I am here for you!

What are the things you will like to accomplish in this journey of life? Are you working towards checking them ✅

We do not have to wait for the life to come and knock at the door to give us the wake up call... Every moment thats passing is gone forever....be the joy, live life fully, love and be loved!

🌹Peace, love and grace
Shikha