Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let love Grow - Fun art project for Valentines!

Featured in Times-Republican

My daughters are getting really creative and have their own colormehappy workshops at home, which is not bad till you will know it includes cutting all important papers (tags, receipts, bills, mails and coupons) and painting all over the kitchen floor.

I told my older daughter the other day that art comes from heart. Do what you feel like, there is nothing like right or wrong...just let go, have no thoughts and create your own masterpiece. One afternoon, I looked at her and the painted and scribbled kitchen floor.....and she says... Mom I am just trying to be creative and have no thoughts. See, I even shared and gave crayons to my little sister so she does not mess up with paints. Will you put this in your blog? Mine too mommy says the younger one......look at the sun and the moon and this and that scribbled all over the floor. Mom, we are doing teamwork!
I smiled and walked out, thinking nothing just happened. I sure should enjoy these few minutes of teamwork till they last;)

For this project all you need is

  • Pencil
  • Card stock
  • Markers
  • Paints
  • Brush
Draw a heart and trunk using pencil. Use heart stencil if needed.
Dip brush in colors of your choice and dab it on the paper (in heart shape) and fill the heart. Fill color in tree trunk and personalize using markers.
You can also fill the heart using markers, crayons, construction paper (mosaic art) or stickers.

Thanks for visiting:)) Have a colorful day!!